From the hectic 9-5 path of the NHS whilst studying for a Masters in sports nutrition, my career path has taken several turns, including heading into the mountains of Chamonix to work with enthusiastic young ski racers with the British Ski Academy. This led me to become a performance nutritionist at the high performance epicentre Sport Scotland Institute of Sport (SIS) and the buzz of working with national and Olympic athletes (GB curling team and winter athletes, Scottish swimmers, wrestlers and weight lifters). During my time at the SIS I gained a sport nutrition diploma with the International Olympic Committee. Filled with enthusiasm and drive, I moved on to set up my own business where I've continued to learn, develop and grow as an effective and skilled practitioner.
Contracts have included:
- Writing and delivering evidence-based online nutrition lectures for Mac Nutrition Uni, including ‘Understanding the signs symptoms of diabetes’ and ‘The clinically obese population’. I drew on my practical experience and the latest scientific evidence to write and deliver these lectures
- Working within private health practice as a bank dietitian for LA Dietitians - working within multi-disciplinary team (MDT) clinics to support bariatric patients (pre- and post- obesity surgery), general health clinics and ward cover
- Various NHS locum positions in North West England, including a children and family weight management service and a specialist adult MDT weight management service
- Writing an online nutrition module for Bangor University, for GPs and healthcare practitioners who wish to upskill their knowledge in applied health nutrition. This module held credits towards a masters degree
- Developing nutrition strategies for ultra-running world champion William Sichel and World Cup-winning climber Shauna Coxsey
- Writing a "nutrition for summit day on Kilimanjaro" document for Jagged Globe, a leading expedition and mountaineering guiding company
- Providing both clinical nutrition and expedition nutrition support to a client as part of an Oxford University field expedition across the antarctic Svalbard
- Contributed written educational content and delivered workshops to outdoor magazines, outdoor brands and governing bodies including Triathlon England, Climb Magazine, Merrell, UKClimbing, British Mountaineering Council, National Indoor Climbing Award Schemes, The North Face Europe, Arcteryx Alpine Academy, LYOFOOD
- Contract with Loughborough College to deliver elite sports nutrition education and advice to England Hockey Academy and UK Athletics Academy athletes on the Advanced Apprenticeship in Sporting Excellence (AASE) Programme, which allows the athlete to gain a NVG or BTEC qualification
- Part of Chamonix Hardcross, an innovative science team educating the UK’s leading business executives on wellbeing for performance of the mind
Qualifications and accreditations
- BSc Applied Human Nutrition (Dietetics) - University of Wales Institute of Cardiff
- MSc Sport Nutrition - Loughborough University
- Level 1 ISAK – International Society for the Advancement of Kinathropometry
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council and a member of the British Dietetic Association
My professional practice is based on my core values:
My passion is my job. I love what I do and the opportunities it's created: taking me to places I've always wanted to visit, connecting with life’s wonderful array of people and working with inspiring and motivating groups and individuals. I spend time getting to know my clients to ensure I provide a tailored nutrition plan that’s specific to their unique needs.
My commitment to you - whether you are a team, individual, organisation or club - is to provide you with a nutrition plan that sticks and fits with your lifestyle, to help you meet your desired nutrition goals and set you up to move forward, with better long-term eating strategies.